On January at 12:01AM Onatario will return to step two of the reopening plan. This includes the closure of indoor dining, food courts, gyms and theatres, as well as lower capacity limits in most other settings. With Omicron playing a large roll in new hospitalizations this is a step thats not welcomed but is needed to curve the spread of covid 19.
With new restrictions in place our local businesses will be heavily impacted, and as we set to embark on another modified lockdown we encourage our community members to shop local now even more than ever. The restrictions will be in place until at least Jan. 26, barring any enhanced changes in hospitalizations and infections.
- Indoor meeting and event spaces are required to close with limited exceptions, but outdoor spaces can remain open with restrictions.
- Indoor dining at restaurants, bars and other food or drink establishments will no longer be permited. Outdoor dining with restrictions, takeout, drive through and delivery is permitted.
- Indoor concert venues, theatres and cinemas will be closed, but rehearsals and recorded performances are permitted with restrictions.
- Museums, galleries, zoos, science centres, landmarks, historic sites, botanical gardens and similar attractions, amusement parks and waterparks, tour and guide services and fairs, rural exhibitions, and festivals will all close. Outdoor establishments will be permitted to open with restrictions and with spectator occupancy, where applicable, limited to 50 per cent capacity.
- Indoor horse racing tracks, car racing tracks and other similar venues will close. Outdoor establishments will be permitted to open with restrictions and with spectator occupancy limited to 50 per cent capacity. Boat tours will be permitted at 50 per cent capacity.
- Indoor sport and recreational fitness facilities, including gyms, will be closed, except for athletes training for the Olympics and Paralympics and select professional and elite amateur sport leagues. Outdoor facilities will be permitted to operate but with the number of spectators not to exceed 50 per cent occupancy and other requirements.
- Retail settings, including shopping malls, will be permitted at 50 per cent capacity. For shopping malls, physical distancing will be required in line-ups and food courts will be required to close.
- Personal care services will be permitted to operate at 50 per cent capacity. Saunas, steam rooms, and oxygen bars will be closed.
- Public libraries limited to 50 per cent capacity.
To Support a local business impacted by Covid 19. click the link below to visit our Kennedy Road business directory and show support.